Friday, December 14, 2007

After 24 Things, or w00t!

So, did you guys hear that Miriam Webster's #1 word of the year is w00t? W00t. W00t?! Okay, I admit, I use this word on a regular basis because I play World of Warcraft with Morgan and my brother and future sister-in-law and a bunch of friends. You pwn an Orc, you yell w00t. That's just what you do. But #1 word of the year? I don't know how I feel about that. I mean, I really don't use the word in everyday conversation. I'm sure some people do, but I guess I'm part of the old crusty era of gamers who prefer to use old and crusty English in real life. It makes me wonder when we'll officially be changing the spelling of the word "you're" to "ur."

So, even though I'm done with the 24 Things, I don't think I want to let this blog go dark yet. Right now, I'm just writing for myself and whichever 24 Things participants found me interesting enough to actually read what I thought, but, as we go forward and integrate more web 2.0 tools into our jobs, our blogs just might have just enough potential to become a little something more. You never know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you there. I had read something on that too. I'm sure there are some perfectly good words that didn't make the list. I mean, this word has numbers in it. If they are starving for MORE words (when hundreds of thousands just won't do) then I can give them a few words I made up for free.