Saturday, December 8, 2007

Thing #24, or Done!

You know, I'm usually not a smug person. But when this program was introduced to us at Staff Development Day, I figured it would be a rehash of all of the technology I used anyway and that I'd breeze right through it. Boy, was I wrong! I think my prior knowledge helped a little, but most of the time I was learning right along with everyone else and having a great time.

In addition to the Things, I learned that I wasn't utilizing the technology I did use to its fullest extent. I was ignorant of how wide the world of podcasts really was. I had no idea what a wiki could really do. RSS feeds save me so much free time now! And although there are some tools I don't see myself ever using again, *glancing sideways at technorati* just knowing about them has enriched my knowledge base. I know I have them as resources if ever I need them. And that's a good thing.

Not only did I enjoy the contents of the program, I'm also thankful it came along when it did. The universe has a way of smooshing things together when I need those things simultaneously. And now that I find myself in the position of having to self promote, both during and after the contest (Dead Chessie comes out in June!), I have more tools at my disposal. Funny how things work out.

I would love to see another program like this in future. Not just on technology tools, but on other things that would help us in the course of our everyday work. A L2.0 style program might help us a little with cross training when we can't always leave our positions to work in other areas.

Thanks, Jerianne, for putting this one together. You rock!

No comments: