Monday, October 22, 2007

Thing #7


Since Al and I shared a brain the other day, I decided to refrain from posting the same picture of Tom Tichenor that he did.
TeVa has a fantastic collection of old Tennessee-related postcards. This one is features one my favorite Nashville buildings (next to the Ryman, of course!) The Parthenon is a scale replica of the one in Athens, complete with a 12 ton, 41-foot-tall guilded statue of Athena. And I thought I was a big chick! Seriously, the whole structure is amazing. In addition to Athena, they have reproductions of the friezes (I think that's what they're called) lining the walls inside that room. And intangible detective Harvey Drago defeated a werewolf there. But you have to read Smyrna Writer member Mark Orr's book, Howling in the Park to see how that went down. :-)

2 comments:

Call me Al said...

Yay for the Parthenon!

And, whooOOOoooo! I'm in your head!!!

Mel Hiers said...

I know. Scary, right? :-)