Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thing #12

Rollyo is an interesting tool. I do a lot of research on publication markets and agents for writers' group as well as for my writing hobby. I added sites like ralan.com and Miss Snark's blog, the AAR, Predators and Editors, and Paperback Writer's blog, all who regularly post market news. I did some searching for cover letters and the majority of the results listed were from Miss Snark's "Is it Crap?" cover letter contest, but there were some really helpful ones as well. Instead of putting the search bar in this post, I stuck it on the blog as a page element so I can find it easier later.

I think Rollyo is perfect for individual use. As far as its library applications, I'll have to think about that. Our website, as it stands now, is pretty user friendly. If you're looking for computer classes, you click on "computer classes," etc. Although we could customize a search bar to include non-database websites that we know are reputable for our patrons. That way they don't have to slog through google results and they know they're getting good information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop in and say hi! Thanks for the link love below. :) And it looks like you've got an interesting blog going here! Best of luck with it. :)